CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Remembering 9/11

As I was driving Emery Claire to school this morning I was listening to Rick and Bubba on the radio and they were talking about what they were doing seven years ago today. As I started to think back on where I was and what I was doing I had the same feelings that I had that very day. I was doing my student teaching at Vincent High School which was about 30 minutes from Birmingham. I was teaching a 9th grade special education English class, when another teacher came in and told me what had happened. I even remember exactly what I was wearing. I was 2 weeks away from getting married. I remember feeling so shocked and a little helpless. I felt like I needed to do something,but did not know what it was. All I could do was pray. As I think back on that day I realize pray was the best thing any of us can do. I challenge you today to pray for our nation and our country's leadership.

0 comments: