CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 22, 2009

What will your legacy be?

Today a very dear friend of my family's passed away. Mrs. Sue was in her early 80's and was an amazing Christian lady. Last night as I gathered around her bed with my parents and her family, I started thinking about the legacy she is leaving. She was a godly lady who honestly had the faith of a mustard seed. She knew who was in control of her life. Each day she lived to serve her Savior and others. On Tuesday right before she was headed into surgery to of our ministers and I went to see her and she asked if we came to get her tithe. She had been worried since she was not in church Sunday that her tithe was not paid. She talking a little bit out of her head at that time and she was telling Steve, our Senior Pastor that she had an OK button for him. At the time we did not understand what she was talking about, but later it hit us. A year or so ago he preached a sermon series on " Our Yes" being on the table and willing to do whatever God calls us to do. Well, at the end of the series he gave us yes buttons to reminder us to be willing to serve where ever God calls us. That is what Mrs. Sue was talking about. Her Yes was on the table during the last hours of her life. I hope I can life a life like Mrs. Sue to always have my Yes on the table. When I meet my Savior I hope my legacy is like Mrs. Sue's one of faith and service to my Father.

2 comments:

Denise :) said...

Oh I'm so sorry to hear this. She was such a darling woman. Emily, can you let me know what the arrangements are when you find out, please? Thank you. *Hugs* :)

Love my 2 BoYs! said...

great post emily!! beautifuly said! i know she will be greatly missed! my prayers are with the Carter/Patterson family.