CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 23, 2010

A New Chapter

Our family is preparing to embark on a new chapter in our lives. As most of you know for the past 2 years I have been working at our church as the part- time co-preschool director. Well, last week my friend and co-worker Martha resigned to take another job. Our Pastor gave me several options. To hire someone to co- direct with me or for me to go full-time and do it by myself. I have also been coordinating the church's ministry to the schools and community. So if I went full-time I would handle all of this. With much prayer Dave and I decided this was the route for us to take. So, I am now working full-time. I will still have flexibility and be able to be there for the kids and be involved in there schools.
When I was 21 and a Jr. in college I felt that God had called me into the ministry either preschool or children's. After I graduated from college I applied for several ministry positions and the doors were closed for me. God continued to open doors into the public school system. So, I taught in the public school system for 3 years until we had Emery Claire. I questioned several times if I had mistaken God's call into the ministry. I continued doing what I felt called to do. While in B'ham Dave and I served in the preschool ministry at Shades Mountain. Now, as I look back it was all part of God's plan to prepare for this time. I learned and grew so much while serving at Shades, teaching 1st grade and being a stay at home mom. I know that we as a family are where God wants us to be.. Please pray for our family as we transition into me working full time. Also pray that I continue to seek God daily for the direction He would have me to go in my ministry to His people.

1 comments:

Denise :) said...

Emily, congratulations to you. I will be praying for you as you move into fulltime ministry at Flint River! :)