CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 27, 2008

A Very Merry Christmas

We had a great Christmas! This was probably one of our best so far. The girls had so much fun. We started our celebrations on Christmas Eve. Adam and Abbey came into to town around 11:00. We finished the cooking for our dinner and decorated Christmas cookies. My Uncle Gary and his family come in shortly after Adam and Abbey. This year my Aunt Jane's mom Mama Jackie joined us for Christmas. We went to church for the candlelight service and then came home and had a wonderful dinner and opened gifts. My cousin Tyler is a fantastic cook and and did a great job on the meat. The girls got so many great gifts. My Aunt and Uncle gave all three girls different Disney Princess outfits complete with purses, gloves, necklaces, and crowns. They loved them. My parents gave my girls a new swing set, since it was too big to go under the tree my mom wrapped up a picture. The swing set should be installed next week. The girls also received very fun toys from My brother and his family and my cousin Rhonda and her family. A tradition that we do as a family every Christmas Eve is to read the Christmas story using place cards that have a scripture on each one. This year we also did What God Wants For Christmas. That is really fun and it on the kids level. It is made by the Resurrection Egg people. Christmas Morning Santa came and the girls were so excited about their gifts. They got so very much. We had lunch with my Dad's family. They just live next door so we did not have to go far. We had a great time visiting with each other. Christmas afternoon Dave's parents came into town. The girls once again got a ton of gifts. I fixed dinner and we visited with each other and watched the girls play. We also enjoyed Dave's gift from my parents, a Wii. I think this is his all time favorite gift. He is addicted. It was so special this year to be able to teach Emery Claire the true meaning of Christmas and her understand. She asked a lot of questions, but it has been neat to watch her think about Jesus and try to understand it all. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. I will post pictures later this week.

0 comments: